Grab coffee and breakfast and join a discussion group. These are moderated discussions with brainstorming and interactive problem solving, allowing conference participants from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas and experiences and develop future collaborations around a focused topic.
This is a preliminary list that will be updated soon.
10月24日(四) | 7:30 – 8:30 AM
Second Use of Lithium-ion Battery (LIB)
Bhavya Kotak, MEng, Research Associate, Safe Electromobility, University of Applied Science Ingolstadt
- Area of application
- Challenges faced for the repurposing
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyzing the economic viability and developing the business model
ESS Safety: Wins and Misses
Matthew Paiss, Technical Advisor, Battery Materials & Systems, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Navigating Codes, Standards, and Regulations (CSR)
- Challenges in obtaining large-scale fire test data (UL9540a)
- How to collaborate on safety
10月25日(五) | 7:30 - 8:30 AM
Yuan Yang, PhD, Assistant Professor, Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics, Columbia University
- Comparison of different types of solid electrolytes.
- Key challenges in solid-state batteries.
- Strategies for scalable manufacturing
Lab-Based X-Ray Diagnostics for Li-Ion Batteries and Systems
Donal Finegan, PhD, Battery Researcher, Vehicle Electrification, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Leveraging multi-scale X-ray CT to understand cell performance and safety
- Making the most of X-ray data via advanced segmentation and quantification methods
- Lab-based or synchrotron? A discussion on what’s needed
- Interest and potential for rapid screening of defects using lab-based methods
Additional Breakout Discussions to be Announced